College Insomniac

A blog about a poor college insomniac just trying to get by.

Patriotism

It's been a while since I wrote in here. I went to the Secondhand Serenade concert with Kindy a few weeks ago. It was pretty good. We shot the moon was there, and that was awesome. I didn't know they were going to be there.

Lately, I've been listening to the news at work and just to become more informed. It's been making me angry and frustrated, mostly, but it's good. I'm glad that I'm more aware. Anyways, because of this I've been feeling much more patriotic these last few weeks. Tonight, my roommate and I decided to watch Braveheart. It was awesome. I haven't seen it for a long time and it's an amazing movie. Wish there were someone as passionate and honest as William Wallace in modern politics.

Right after that, We decided to watch The Patriot. Also an awesome movie. I still think every American should be forced to watch this movie at least once. I don't know if I can stomach it, but I almost feel like watching United 93 again too. It's another movie that moves me to have patriotic feelings.

Well, at any rate, I'm going to focus on the movie now.

Today's theme song: The Battle of Stirling ~ James Horner

1 comments:

Brady 8/15/09, 10:54 PM  

Have you seen "We Were Soldiers"? If you like Braveheart and The Patriot, you will like that one too. Great patriotic movie. And a true story.

Followers